Friday, October 6, 2023

A new way to Drive By

This morning we did the Soviet BMP. It was on a former Soviet Army base and the owner is Czech Special Forces. We had to wait a bit to start cause they had just found an unexploded Soviet bomb where the BMP was parked and the bomb squad was out removing it. I ended up not driving- just riding on top . Great fun! The thing was so big I couldn’t get up on it. No ladder, but it was parked in a concrete recycling place and one of those guys saw us trying to figure out how I was going to get up. He came over and volunteered a front end loader. They brought it over, he and I stepped in and it lifted us up like an elevator. Brian did the driving and I hung on the little turret. We drove about an hour over very large ruts, but I only got scared a couple of times; once when Brian sped up and once when the rut was very, very deep.





No comments:

Post a Comment