Tuesday, September 26, 2023

We’re not in Kansas anymore …

 And so it begins! It’s a very long way from Jacksonville to Bucharest but we are here now and hopefully, by tomorrow, we’ll be raring to go.  When we checked into our hotel, the desk clerk misunderstood our name, and checked us in under a totally different name. I only realized it when she handed me the print out and I saw that the name on it was some Danish fellow. Once we got that straight, she realized that our room was on the 7th floor but the elevator only went to the 6th floor. No idea why it was built like that , but she switched us to the 3rd floor, and started giving us instructions on how to enter and exit the hotel with our key. Next came the instructions on how to work the elevator, which is so tiny that we had to make separate trips. So I go first, ride up to our floor, but can’t get the door opened. So back down I go, to the shock of Brian and the clerk who had forgotten to give me the one most important instruction — how to open the elevator door! As soon as the inner door opened, you had to double press on your correct floor number and then push on the outer door. Like Charlie on the MTA, I would have been riding that thing up and down and up and down all night because I wouldn’t have ever guessed how to get that blankety blank door open. 

Then it was time to venture out for our first Romanian dinner. But what was on the menu? Pizza, wings, burgers, guacamole and chips, and quesadillas!  And we missed Dick ‘s Wings for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment